Position: Full-time + benefits
Salary: Competitive salary and relocation assistance
Experience: 7+ years
Location: Austin, TX
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Remote Candidates Considered: No, relocation only
Notice: Candidates requiring C2C, H1-B sponsorship, or candidates submitted by other staffing firms will not be considered.
Our Promise To You
When you send your resume to Craftlogic, it does not go into a black hole. If you don't get a response in 3 business days, please let us know because we screwed up and we apologize. We offer several ways for you to contact us. 1) Schedule a call with a recruiter, 2) send us an email, 3) click the chat widget at the bottom left of the page to chat with one of our talent scouts in real-time. We respond to every resume we receive. That's our promise to you.
Launched in 2010 as a product of Silicon Valley, our client is a fun, techy start-up and comprehensive job search engine (think Kayak for jobs). They're privately funded and profitable with brand new, custom designed offices in Austin, TX.
This position will work within a team inside our Austin, TX headquarters. This is not a remote position. Relocation Reimbursement Package is available for the selected candidate. As a Principal Engineer, you will be working on projects that make a tremendous impact for employers. You will work on projects using core Java technology to build Web API’s, perform intelligent search and analysis, and enable business capabilities for partners. As a member of the team, you will share, relentlessly problem solve, have a superior work ethic and be an excellent communicator in an easy-going environment. You will need to learn our existing infrastructure quickly and offer great ideas for improving it. Put your passion for clean and intuitive designs to work and help innovate the way talent effectively finds work. (This Back-End position may be filled at Sr Software Engineer, Principal Engineer, or Architect level based on candidate qualifications).
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field plus at least 7 years of related experience that closely aligns with the position being offered
- Working experience in and deep knowledge of core Java and MySQL
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with Solr, Lucene, search, NLP
- Have built systems handling millions of transactions per day
- Have developed and maintained APIs to support thousands of internal and external customers
- Relocation Package is available
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision and dental insurance premiums for you and dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% automatic employer contribution
- Company sponsored life insurance
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Fun company events throughout the year
- Company-paid gym membership (Gold's Gym or 24 Hour Fitness)
- Standard work schedule (we believe in work-life balance!)
About Craftlogic Software
Craftlogic is a software development, outsourcing, consulting and IT staffing company. Craftlogic Software wants to bring back the craft in software development. Like the craftsmen of old, the motivating factor that drives our company is to have pride in our work, deliver solutions to our clients, and have our clients appreciate our effort.
Craftlogic offers you opportunities to work us and our clients on leading-edge projects with the compensation to match. We are owned and operated by technologists like you. We know the value of your skills and so do our clients.
Make some extra money! If you are not a fit for this opportunity but you know someone that is, then refer them to us and we'll pay you a referral fee. Our referral fees average $2,000 if the person you refer gets hired and stays on the job for 90 days. Ask us about our referral program.
View all of our open jobs