Position: Full-time + benefits
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Experience: 10+ years
Location: Dunwoody, GA
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Notice: Candidates requiring C2C or candidates submitted by staffing firms will not be considered.
Our Promise To You
When you send your resume to Craftlogic, it does not go into a black hole. If you don't get a response in 3 business days, please let us know because we screwed up and we apologize. We offer several ways for you to contact us. 1) Schedule a call with a recruiter, 2) send us an email, 3) click the chat widget at the bottom left of the page to chat with one of our talent scouts in real-time. We respond to every resume we receive. That's our promise to you.
Our client has 20 years of payment processing experience providing simple and secure payment processing, which allows their clients to accept all forms of payment, get paid faster, and increase efficiency.
The System Engineer is responsible for the day to day logistics and operations of the various components and Infrastructure Operations Management in the Infrastructure environment (Server (Linux and Windows, Storage, Virtualization and Applications like AD/DNS/DHCP, Messaging etc.).
- Implementing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components.
- Performing installation, maintenance and support of system software/hardware
- Configuring, debugging and supporting infrastructure platforms.
- Performing root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Red Hat Linux,
- Microsoft Exchange server 2013/16,
- Windows Server 2016,
- Active Directory,
- Group Policy
- CarbonBlack AntiVirus
You should possess the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- 8 years of progressive hands-on experience in systems architecture, design, and operations
- A BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Red Hat Linux 6 and 7 operating systems
- Experienced with automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, and BitBucket
- Fully versed in administering:
- VMware hypervisor
- DNS and authentication services
- Systems-monitoring tools, such as Solarwinds and Splunk
- Satellite server management
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting tools, such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell
- Experienced in automated backup tools, such as NetBackup, systems hardening and performance tuning
- Knowledgeable in cloud deployment and security
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of a strong foundation in data center operations with HA and 24x7 service levels
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to demonstrate mature, timely, and professional problem-solving abilities
- Must be customer-focused, self-directed, results/goal oriented, and demonstrate initiative
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field or MBA a plus.
About Craftlogic Software
Craftlogic is a software development, outsourcing, consulting and IT staffing company. Craftlogic Software wants to bring back the craft in software development. Like the craftsmen of old, the motivating factor that drives our company is to have pride in our work, deliver solutions to our clients, and have our clients appreciate our effort.
Craftlogic offers you opportunities to work us and our clients on leading-edge projects with the compensation to match. We are owned and operated by technologists like you. We know the value of your skills and so do our clients.
Make some extra money! If you are not a fit for this opportunity but you know someone that is, then refer them to us and we'll pay you a referral fee. Our referral fees average $2,000 if the person you refer gets hired and stays on the job for 90 days. Ask us about our referral program.
View all of our open jobs.