Position: Full-time + benefits
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Experience: 10+ years total experience
Location: Dunwoody, GA
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Notice: Candidates requiring C2C or candidates submitted by staffing firms will not be considered.
Our Promise To You
When you send your resume to Craftlogic, it does not go into a black hole. If you don't get a response in 3 business days, please let us know because we screwed up and we apologize. We offer several ways for you to contact us. 1) Schedule a call with a recruiter, 2) send us an email, 3) click the chat widget at the bottom left of the page to chat with one of our talent scouts in real-time. We respond to every resume we receive. That's our promise to you.
Our client has 20 years of payment processing experience providing simple and secure payment processing, which allows their clients to accept all forms of payment, get paid faster, and increase efficiency.
As the world generates even more volumes of data, from any device or anything, companies are increasingly discovering the need to gain immediate insights, look for reoccurring trends / patterns in their data over time, and to discern actions and predictions for their business that will yield positive outcomes.
Combining data from multiple silos, including internal and external data sources, helps your organization find answers to complex questions that no one previously knew how to ask. This is the genesis of the data lake. The data lake enables companies to store large volumes of data from multiple locations in a cost-effective Hadoop cluster, taking advantage of relational technologies such as Apache Hive. In a data lake, data does not go through big time transformations or modeling, as it would in a data warehouse. Instead, it is usually replicated preserving the format of the original sources.
As a HortonWorks – Big Data Solutions Engineer you will utilize your strong technical, business competencies and customer service orientation to provide the highest level of business and technical consultation to sales teams, prospects and customers to support sales goals.
- Be a leading voice in data architecture and big data usage
- Own the product reference architectures for big data
- Advise the business on big data value realization
- Be a technical subject matter expert for the Data Lake
- Actively participates within the Hortonworks community
- Create and deliver customer-centric solution designs
- Present roadmap, vision, proposed architectures and business outcomes to all levels – developers, architects, CIO
- Own and define technical strategy for system of record object definition
- Experience in technical pre-sales
- Demonstrated knowledge of Apache Hadoop (HDFS & YARN), can talk to the benefits of a centralized architecture for both data management and data access
- Enterprise Software and Big Data experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges in operations, Security and Data Governance within the enterprise
- Infrastructure Knowledge (Hardware, Storage, Network), Java/.NET, and SQL .
- Skill in Data Science and understand the difference between Data Engineering and Applied Science.
- Familiar with OSS and can proficiently show it
- Demonstrated Strong Written and verbal Communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Solution Architecture/Engineering experience as a field of practice (able to listen to customer requirements, whiteboard and propose solution architecture, and get hands-on with the tech to design, build, and demonstrate real business value)
- Streaming experience (Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Solr, etc.)
- NoSQL experience (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
- EDW experience – the Teradatas, Netezzas, GreenPlum/HAWQ, Exadatas of the world
- Integration Products experience (Tibco, MuleSoft, IBM, Oracle, Spring Integration, etc.)
- You thrive in a changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field
- 5-7 + years of professional work experience in a similar position
About Craftlogic Software
Craftlogic is a software development, outsourcing, consulting and IT staffing company. Craftlogic Software wants to bring back the craft in software development. Like the craftsmen of old, the motivating factor that drives our company is to have pride in our work, deliver solutions to our clients, and have our clients appreciate our effort.
Craftlogic offers you opportunities to work us and our clients on leading-edge projects with the compensation to match. We are owned and operated by technologists like you. We know the value of your skills and so do our clients.
Make some extra money! If you are not a fit for this opportunity but you know someone that is, then refer them to us and we'll pay you a referral fee. Our referral fees average $2,000 if the person you refer gets hired and stays on the job for 90 days. Ask us about our referral program.
View all of our open jobs.