Position: Full-time + benefits
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Experience: 10+ years in database admin and data architecture and development
Location: Sausalito, CA
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Notice: Candidates requiring C2C or candidates submitted by staffing firms will not be considered.
Our Promise To You
When you send your resume to Craftlogic, it does not go into a black hole. If you don't get a response in 3 business days, please let us know because we screwed up and we apologize. We offer several ways for you to contact us. 1) Schedule a call with a recruiter, 2) send us an email, 3) click the chat widget at the bottom left of the page to chat with one of our talent scouts in real-time. We respond to every resume we receive. That's our promise to you.
Have you ever thought money managers charge too much for investment advice? You are right. Our client's are designed to minimize costs and to place environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations at the center of investment advice. This approach results in sustainable and ethical investing. They are a quantitative/index-tracking investment management firm with more than $25 billion in assets under management and specialize in managing customized equity portfolios in a tax-efficient way. Their headquarters are in Sausalito, only one block from the beautiful harbor. It’s a short, 20-minute drive from much of San Francisco (opposite the normal commute), and many of their team members are spread throughout San Francisco, the North Bay, and East Bay.
For everything that they do, they use custom-developed software. Therefore, software is the bloodstream of their company. Decisions are made on a daily basis are automated and data driven, requiring minimal human intervention.
In this role, you'll be the Postgres ninja on our highly collaborative team, and play a key role in developing and maintaining our technology base and delivering new platform functionality. You'll be responsible for supporting databases in multiple environments, in support of business and application development requirements with a focus on data integrity and security.
The DBA’s responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Perform regular administrative, maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning tasks on the database.
- Identify and apply proactive solutions and corrective measures to minimize downtime.
- Troubleshoot and provide configuration and maintenance support for production and development database environments.
- Generate and maintain scripts to automate common operations and maintenance tasks.
- Maintain and enhance existing security policies and procedures.
- Perform routine or other job-related duties as assigned.
- Meet with business stakeholders and other technical team members to gather and analyze application requirements, and provide feedback on how they may impact database performance.
- Assist Application Developers with the creation of queries and database functions, provide guidance on performance and optimization.
- Assist and support ETL processes to improve quality and integrity of data imports.
- PostgreSQL is required. (We will not consider candidate resumes that do not mention Postgres and specific experience with it.)
- Related experience in the financial or investment sector.
- Language: Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and follow up effectively and professionally with other business departments.
- 10+ years in database admin, development and architecture.
- 5+ years of DBA experience supporting relational databases in an enterprise environment, including PostgreSQL 9.5 or higher.
- Expert SQL writing and query optimization skills.
- Database development experience or related experience supporting application development teams/projects.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and enterprise database concepts.
- ETL product experience (CloverETL(DX), SSIS, Informatica) a plus.
- Data warehouse, partitioning, or AWS RDS experience a plus.
- Nice to have: Python or other OO development interest.
What our client offers
- Competitive compensation and performance based discretionary bonus
- Generous 6% 401(k) plan match
- A choice of fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for the employee and paid portion towards dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Reduced summer hours program
- In-house financial education opportunities
About Craftlogic Software
Craftlogic is a software development, outsourcing, consulting and IT staffing company. Craftlogic Software wants to bring back the craft in software development. Like the craftsmen of old, the motivating factor that drives our company is to have pride in our work, deliver solutions to our clients, and have our clients appreciate our effort.
Craftlogic offers you opportunities to work us and our clients on leading-edge projects with the compensation to match. We are owned and operated by technologists like you. We know the value of your skills and so do our clients.
Make some extra money! If you are not a fit for this opportunity but you know someone that is, then refer them to us and we'll pay you a referral fee. Our referral fees average $2,000 if the person you refer gets hired and stays on the job for 90 days. Ask us about our referral program.
View all of our open jobs.