Position: Full-time + benefits
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Experience: 7+ years
Location: Dunwoody, GA
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Notice: Candidates requiring C2C or candidates submitted by staffing firms will not be considered.
Our Promise To You
When you send your resume to Craftlogic, it does not go into a black hole. If you don't get a response in 3 business days, please let us know because we screwed up and we apologize. We offer several ways for you to contact us. 1) Schedule a call with a recruiter, 2) send us an email, 3) click the chat widget at the bottom left of the page to chat with one of our talent scouts in real-time. We respond to every resume we receive. That's our promise to you.
Our client has 20 years of payment processing experience providing simple and secure payment processing, which allows their clients to accept all forms of payment, get paid faster, and increase efficiency.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for mentoring developers in code quality and helps design software standards for uptime, scalability and re-usability. The Principal Software Engineer represents developers concerns with architecture and works with the Code Architect to enforce code architecture once agreed upon. As a leader of development teams, the Principal Software Engineer should actively collaborate and contribute to the SDLC process and Agile Delivery.
- Works in a product development team.
- Thinks of the architecture for an entire product suite.
- Identifies architecture and tools required to enable the product’s continued growth and evolution.
- Bridges the gap between remote and local development teams.
- Mentors and guides the development of junior engineers.
- Drives development practices used within the team.
- Resolves bugs and improve overall system performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A minimum of 10 years of experience in the following areas:
- Ability to design/develop/maintain production database (MySQL and SQL Server 2008+) using SQL queries
- Experience in any of the following a plus: JQuery
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Experience in both Linux and Windows.
- Experience with C++ considered valuable
- Experience with development of graphical user interfaces
- Experience with both front-end and back-end development
- Experience in development/architecture of REST-based APIs
- Experience with writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Experience working with and upgrading legacy code
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong programming experience with Java, J2EE, Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, RDBMS, MySQL, is required
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes, methods and experience in implementing them is a major plus.
- Apache Wicket Nice to have
Other qualities that would be valuable
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience with WinForms or WPF
- Familiar with BITBUCKET, SVN or GIT source control systems
Education and Experience
- BS degree. 10+ years experience in software development, testing, deployment, and lifecycle maintenance of enterprise grade applications expected.
About Craftlogic Software
Craftlogic is a software development, outsourcing, consulting and IT staffing company. Craftlogic Software wants to bring back the craft in software development. Like the craftsmen of old, the motivating factor that drives our company is to have pride in our work, deliver solutions to our clients, and have our clients appreciate our effort.
Craftlogic offers you opportunities to work us and our clients on leading-edge projects with the compensation to match. We are owned and operated by technologists like you. We know the value of your skills and so do our clients.
Make some extra money! If you are not a fit for this opportunity but you know someone that is, then refer them to us and we'll pay you a referral fee. Our referral fees average $2,000 if the person you refer gets hired and stays on the job for 90 days. Ask us about our referral program.
View all of our open jobs.