Position: Full-time + benefits
Salary: $115,000 - $135,000, benefits 100% paid, individual performance bonus, company performance bonus
Experience: 3+ years professional experience (this is not a junior or intern postion)
Location: Sausalito, CA
Visa Candidate Considered: Yes, H1-B transfers and OTB candidates only
Relocation Assistance: No
Notice: Candidates requiring C2C or candidates submitted by staffing firms will not be considered.
Our Promise To You
When you send your resume to Craftlogic, it does not go into a black hole. If you don't get a response in 3 business days, please let us know because we screwed up and we apologize. We offer several ways for you to contact us. 1) Schedule a call with a recruiter, 2) send us an email, 3) click the chat widget at the bottom left of the page to chat with one of our talent scouts in real-time. We respond to every resume we receive. That's our promise to you.
Have you ever thought money managers charge too much for investment advice? You are right. Our client's are designed to minimize costs and to place environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations at the center of investment advice. This approach results in sustainable and ethical investing. They are a quantitative/index-tracking investment management firm with more than $25 billion in assets under management and specialize in managing customized equity portfolios in a tax-efficient way. Their headquarters are in Sausalito, only one block from the beautiful harbor. It’s a short, 20-minute drive from much of San Francisco (opposite the normal commute), and many of their team members are spread throughout San Francisco, the North Bay, and East Bay.
For everything that they do, they use custom-developed software. Therefore, software is the bloodstream of their company. Decisions are made on a daily basis are automated and data driven, requiring minimal human intervention.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll be a part of our highly collaborative team and play a key role in developing and maintaining our technology base and delivering new platform functionality. You’ll be responsible for developing and advancing next-generation technologies and products leveraged across the organization. We need our engineers to be versatile and data driven, to display leadership qualities, and to be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full stack as we continue to push boundaries and advance our platform.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and the chance to work with interesting, team-driven people on exciting projects with a fantastic opportunity for growth.
We are looking to build upon our current technologies, and candidates should be prepared to bring fresh ideas and an eagerness to contribute in such areas as building distributed systems for an asynchronous environment, data retrieval and persistence, UI and UX design, front-end framework utilization, and RESTful API design.
The Full Stack Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Building responsive web applications using modern front end frameworks (React, Angular, or equivalent)
- Working on RESTful-based web services and APIs for consumption
- Implementing new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers
- Contributing to a future-ready, high-quality, and high-performance code base
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions
- Sharing technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience. No recent grads or interns.
- A BS degree in computer science, engineering, another technical field of study OR equivalent learning or experience
- Experience with the Python programming language
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Understanding of object-oriented design
- Understanding of web services (REST)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Comfort working in both Windows and Linux environments
- UX/UI design experience
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Related experience in the financial or investment sector
What our client offers
- Competitive compensation and performance based discretionary bonus
- Generous 6% 401(k) plan match
- A choice of fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for the employee and paid portion towards dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Reduced summer hours program
- In-house financial education opportunities
About Craftlogic Software
Craftlogic is a software development, outsourcing, consulting and IT staffing company. Craftlogic Software wants to bring back the craft in software development. Like the craftsmen of old, the motivating factor that drives our company is to have pride in our work, deliver solutions to our clients, and have our clients appreciate our effort.
Craftlogic offers you opportunities to work us and our clients on leading-edge projects with the compensation to match. We are owned and operated by technologists like you. We know the value of your skills and so do our clients.
Make some extra money! If you are not a fit for this opportunity but you know someone that is, then refer them to us and we'll pay you a referral fee. Our referral fees average $2,000 if the person you refer gets hired and stays on the job for 90 days. Ask us about our referral program.
View all of our open jobs.