Salary: Contract - $70/hr and up based on experience
Experience: 7+ years
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Notice: Candidates requiring C2C, H1-B sponsorship, or candidates submitted by other staffing firms will not be considered.
Our Promise To You
When you send your resume to Craftlogic, it does not go into a black hole. If you don't get a response in 3 business days, please let us know because we screwed up and we apologize. We offer several ways for you to contact us. 1) Schedule a call with a recruiter, 2) send us an email, 3) click the chat widget at the bottom left of the page to chat with one of our talent scouts in real-time. We respond to every resume we receive. That's our promise to you.
Craftlogic is building team of developers for a new project and we need a strong SQL Server DBA Developer. The DBA will be responsible for the data, access to the data, as well as architecture and performance of the database. Also, having .NET Core coding experience will put you toward the top of the list as well as having payments experience including PCI experience.
- Design, Diagram, and Develop data solutions for the enterprise software solution
- Administer SQL Server installations by scheduling backups and other maintenance as necessary
- Describe solutions for high availability and data corruption resolution as they relate to applications
- Define and enforce database naming conventions and coding standards
- Play a lead role on data migration and integration projects
- Work with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS as needed
- Create optimized high performing solutions to be leveraged by the application developers
- Provide documentation for internal and external stakeholders on database structure and procedures
- Assist with automation and deployment methodologies for multiple environments
- Complete deployments successfully within the time allotted in project plans
- Contribute to platform architecture decisions by providing expertise from the database perspective
- Follow and contribute to change control and deployment procedures
- Work with the team of application developers
- Be an active contributor in the company. Foster a collaborative cross-functional culture and successfully influence other business functions.
- Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity. Be an effective spokesperson and champion as a whole.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Extensive experience documenting and diagramming data models.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy complex database solutions to multiple environments
- Experience using change control
- Superb communication (verbal and written) skills
- Willing to accept constructive criticism and work in a collaborative, competitive environment
- Motivation to produce high quality results consistently
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where priorities and requirements change often
- Adept at developing technical solutions for complex business problems
- Provide leadership and mentoring to database and application developers
- Possess technological foresight and leadership skills
- Excellent observation skills with proven ability to think critically and analyze complex systems
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- At least 5 years of experience as a Data Architect or DBA
- At least 10 years of experience working with SQL Server 2008 or higher
- Demonstrated experience in a high availability and load balanced (clustered) SQL Server environment
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related field
- Microsoft Certifications (MCM, MCA, MCSM, etc.)
About Craftlogic Software
Craftlogic is a software development, outsourcing, consulting and IT staffing company. Craftlogic Software wants to bring back the craft in software development. Like the craftsmen of old, the motivating factor that drives our company is to have pride in our work, deliver solutions to our clients, and have our clients appreciate our effort.
Craftlogic offers you opportunities to work us and our clients on leading-edge projects with the compensation to match. We are owned and operated by technologists like you. We know the value of your skills and so do our clients.
Make some extra money! If you are not a fit for this opportunity but you know someone that is, then refer them to us and we'll pay you a referral fee. Our referral fees average $2,000 if the person you refer gets hired and stays on the job for 90 days. Ask us about our referral program.
View all of our open jobs